Mental & Physical Wellbeing & Anti-Burnout for Officers
CA POST Certified 3 part-60 hour CPT Course Title Under “Wellness” CCN#1493-43170-21 / Certified Standards and Training for Corrections (STC-BSCC) Cert# 05751983, 02165424, 00775027
There are a number of things that can cause burnout, exhaustion, anxiety, depression, trauma & chronic stress working in Law Enforcement.
And there are a number of solutions.
Everything Every Officer Needs to Know to Avoid Burnout & The Risk Factors On & Off The Job
This Anti-Burnout course for LE Officers is now in the Approved Provider Bulletin for the Fraternal Order of Police, with recommendation by their National Executive Board.
In This Free Webinar, I go over all the risk factors & solutions for officers with a Mind, Body & Energetic Approach
Download the Free PDF for the Webinar Here
Stop The Cycle of Burnout & Other Risk Factors on & off The Job
- Why do so many officers die soon after retirement?
- Why do so many have marital problems?
- Why do officers withdraw and isolate themselves?
- Why is the life expectancy of an officer 15 years less than civilians?
- What are the long-term effects on the brain, nervous system, and hormones of officers?
Officers Have this Seminar for Life to refer back to when issues come up
Create a Personalized Plan for the life of your career for Health, Sleep, Loving Relationship, Time Management, Trauma PTSD, Anxiety, Depression, & More.
For Families of Officers
Avoid typical spouse & family pitfalls officer family’s are forced to deal with.
- Overworked, fatigued, resentful
- Undervalued and unappreciated
- Physical, mental, & emotional exhaustion.
Adrenal Fatigue & Hormone Imbalance
Hypervigilance is the foundation of the mindset required for policing but negatively impacts the brain and central nervous system.
This required way of thinking is the opposite of what’s required for a healthy body, mind, a good marriage, and good parenting.
Downward Biological Cycle – Off-Work Attitude
This downward cycle or crash makes it’s hard to make the simplest of decisions, after your shift, and why far too often that means sitting on the sofa, turning on the TV, and doing “nothing.” This can cause vicious cycles leading to physiological harm and endless wasted time and regret.
If unchecked, the downward cycle will immediately cause:
- Weight gain
- Lack of sleep
- Low energy & personality
- Social isolation
- Sarcasm, bitterness, resentment, anger
- Procrastination and difficulty in decision-making not related to work.
- Noninvolvement in children’s needs and activities.
- Not doing the activities you used to love such as hunting, fishing, sports, etc.
Hormone Imbalance & Weight Gain
Elevated adrenaline and insulin resistance cause at least 5 lbs a year of weight gain, and reduced motivation and drive when you need it.
Heart Disease, Diabetes, & Stroke
This is also is a precursor of heart disease, diabetes, and stroke combined with the stress of the job,
Herbs & Supplements to Boost Your Progress
These are used in this program for stress, weight loss, sleep, inflammation, calm & more.
Benefits of Meditation
Focus training improving ALL aspects of the job. Meditation also helps to turn off the fight-or-flight response and to bring the body back to pre-stress levels.
CA POST Certified 3 Part 60 hour Course Title Under “Wellness” #43170 / Certified Standards and Training for Corrections (STC-BSCC) Cert# 05751983, 02165424, 00775027
6-Week Course (Less than 20-Minutes a Day from Home)
It comes with a complete “The Officer Diet” to balance hormones – a complete plan with video recipes, a weight loss & exercise seminar including over 100 exercise videos specific to what officers need, all at home with no equipment other than exercise bands in under 15 minutes. There are also shorter courses available here.
Prevention is the Key – It’s Predictable so It’s Preventable
Just like good policing, this is a preventative approach to safety, which is much easier than fixing a problem after it’s started.
An Officer’s Wellbeing Checklist
This provides organization in the mental and emotional health of officers as a whole in your department.
Better Officers / Better People / Better Community Relations
Risk Factors Covered (with solutions for all provided)
- Anger & Loss of the Executive Function of the brain
- The up and down cycle of Hypervigilance
- Hormone Imbalance – affecting physical & mental health
- Anxiety & Depression
- Lower Life Expectancy
- The damaging effect of Singular Identity
- Heart Disease, Diabetes, & Stroke
- Neck, Back, & Shoulder Pain & achy joints
- Trauma & Bottling it up
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Lack of Sleep
- Eating Quickly & Unhealthy
- Long Hours
- Low Energy
- Inability to Focus
- Shift Work – affecting hormones, digestion, sleep, mood, and more
- Cynicism & Negativity
- Withdrawal & Isolation
- Divorce/Unhappy Relationships
- Damaged Parent/Child Relationships
- Sitting Disease
- Weight Gain
- Regret & Wasted Time
- Other factors particular to the officer, the agency as a whole, and the environment including a lack of appreciation leading to resentment.
Solutions Covered For Officers & their Significant others & Adult Family Members
- Full Diet & Nutrition Program with simple video recipes
- Herbal Remedies
- Meditation Instruction & Guided Meditation
- Full Exercise Program with over 100 video exercises to do at home or gym
- Hormone Balancing
- Overcoming Trauma & PTSD
- Overcoming Reptilian Brain Dominance
- Overcoming Anxiety & Depression
- Anger Management
- Deep Breathing Training & Techniques
- Sleep Training & Off-Setting Shift Work
- Essential Oils
- How to Debrief & Decompression after Work
- Time Management
- Goal & Priority Management
- Visualization Training
- Focus Training
- Mindfulness Training
- Gratitude Training
- Journaling & How to
- & More
How These Risk Factors Cost a Department/Community:
- Higher Incidents
- Law Suits
- Poor Police / Community Relations
- More Accidents
- Sick days
- Workers’ Comp
- Man Power – Loss of Officers to Retirement, termination, paid or unpaid leave
- Lowered Productivity
- Lowered Retention Rate
- Lowered Engagement
Avoid the Typical Officer Regrets
- Spend more time with your family
- Keep up with your health
- Do more of what you love to do.
The work we do together in this seminar allows you to do all these things and more.
POST Certified 60 hour Course Title Under “Wellness” #43170 / Certified Standards and Training for Corrections (STC-BSCC) Cert# 05751983, 02165424, 00775027
Get Started Now
Meditation / Focus Training
Weight Loss Program
Herbs / Supplements
Trauma/PTSD Prevention & Training
Trackable Work & Progress
& Much More
Bill is a certified Master Herbalist, a Diet & Nutritional Advisor, a member of the International Alliance of Holistic Therapists, a best-selling author, has taught in more than 20 countries, has worked with LE Officers & Departments for over 10 years, jails, the US Air Force, professional athletes, artists, consulted for fortune 100 companies on avoiding burnout & lowering stress in the workplace.
Bill is a best-selling author, has been featured in Redbook, The Boston Globe, Expert Beacon, Fact-Based Health, and many more, with over 100 radio interviews. He has over 400,000 Social Media Followers & over 10 Million Video views.
- Officer burnout – https://www.inverse.com/article/56412-world-health-organization-job-burnout-signs-you-have-it-who-s-most-at-risk
- Officer divorce – https://www.policemag.com/374429/dealing-with-divorce-on-the-home-front
- Health disparities – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4734372/
- Officer heart attacks – https://policehealth.com.au/heart-attacks-top-5-causes-police-officer-deaths-statistics-are-alarming
- Officer cancer and other diseases – https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-library/abstracts/disease-risk-and-mortality-among-police-officers-new-evidence-and
- General health in LE officers – https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/programs/pubsaf/lawenforcement.html
- Officer suicide – https://www.addictioncenter.com/news/2019/09/police-at-highest-risk-for-suicide-than-any-profession/
- Officer stress, anxiety, depression, & mental health – https://www.waldenu.edu/programs/criminal-justice/resource/five-reasons-the-mental-health-of-police-officers-needs-to-be-a-priority
- Amygdala Source – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZGxYBsUXgU
- Burnout and PTSD – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFkI69zJzLI
- Source – https://www.helpguide.org/articles/stress/burnout-prevention-and-recovery.htm