Anti-Burnout Seminar for Individuals
There are a number of things that can cause burnout, exhaustion, anxiety, depression, and chronic stress. Doing even just a few of the things in this program will guarantee you a much happier life, relationship, and work experience. In This Free Webinar, I go over the causes & solutions to Burnout with a Mind […]
PRICE $995.00BUY NOW
There are a number of things that can cause burnout, exhaustion, anxiety, depression, and chronic stress. Doing even just a few of the things in this program will guarantee you a much happier life, relationship, and work experience.
In This Free Webinar, I go over the causes & solutions to Burnout with a Mind Body & Spirit Approach
What is Burnout?
Recognized as a condition by the World Health Organization, burnout can be summed up as an overall feeling that the sacrifices you make are not worth the effort or the reward.
It happens when a person is
- Overworked, fatigued, resentful
- Feeling they have no social life
- Feeling that they live for their job
- Feeling untrusted, unseen, or unheard.
According to Gallup Poll, most full-time employees — nearly eight in 10 — experience burnout
It even shows up with observable changes in the brain in MRI’s.
Solutions Typically Used That do not work:
- Withdrawal – Mentally & Physically
- Stimulants – Coffee, Alcohol, and Drugs
- Leaving one company to go to another often leads to the same situation, as it often has to do with the habits of the individual.
How to know if you have it:
- Chronic stress
- Almost every day feels like a bad day
- A feeling of being in a rut – Forcing smiles & conversations
- Mind always elsewhere
- Feelings of why bother & self-doubt
- Feeling trapped & defeated
- Feeling lack of purpose, unfulfilled, or in discontent
- No motivation
- Overly emotional
- Overwhelmed & emotionally drained
- Constant fatigue
- Insomnia or need for sleeping pills
- Coffee in the day, alcohol in the night
- Low immunity, frequent illness
- Headaches, back and muscle pain, eye strain
Not recognizing this, risks your happiness, your relationship, friends, family, and anything else that is important to you. It’s no different than any other addiction or potentially life-threatening illness.
How it Costs Businesses:
- Increased sick days for management and employees
- Lowered productivity
- Lowered employee retention rate
- Lowered employee engagement
- 96% of Leaders have it – According to a Harvard study
More in my burnout program for employees that may be worth mentioning to Human Resources to help improve conditions and make it a place employees will love to go to every day.
What are the Causes
- Overly demanding or unclear expectations
- High pressure or chaotic environment
- Lack of socialization or relaxation
- Monotonous or unchallenging work
- Stressful or abusive relationships
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Lack of sleep
- Lack of support, significance, or belonging
- Chronic stress & emotional exhaustion
- Pessimistic view of self and the world
- Need for control – poor delegation skills
- Overburdening type-A personality
- Accepts the weight of the world (or organization)
- Taking on too much work or responsibility
According to Gallup poll those at risk are – 50% among medical residents and 85% among financial professionals, 75% of social workers, 51% of people in design jobs, other high rates are with teachers, attorneys, law enforcement, accountants, and retail.
Questions to ask to know if you have burnout?
- Do even small tasks feel like they take more energy than you can afford?
- Do you feel dread for your day?
- Are you frustrated and quicker to anger or lack of patience?
- Are you feeling a sense of ineffectiveness and a lack of accomplishment?
- Does it feel like there’s more work than you can realistically do every day?
- Are you overwhelmed to the point where you don’t want to do anything?
- Do you wake up tired even if you go to bed early?
- Are you moving slower than usual, taking longer to get ready in the morning, procrastinating?
- Do you feel like nothing you do at work matters?
There are many solutions to this problem. Don’t lose your hope, just learn what you can do!
This is a 6-Week Program with a Mind, Body, & Spiritual (or Energetic) Approach
For Work & Life
- Boundaries (from your own negative thoughts, the company, employees, family, social media, news media, & diet.
- Health and wellness programs including nutrition, herbs, essential oils, simple exercise, and stretching.
- Social contact – Connection – we need to connect with others we love and love us,
- Often, when burnt out people need a good listener, not a “fixer”- For this, we offer personal coaching and group support classes.
- Evaluation and reorganization of priorities – in 10 years what will matter the most? – What are your goals? Or why don’t you have any?
- Focus work – Stay focused on tasks – make commitments & boundaries for tasks with blocks avoiding “content switching.”
- Perform a job analysis – eliminate or delegate unnecessary work.
- Also analyze – too much work, too little meaning,
- too much responsibility to little significance,
- too much need for control over the result,
- or too little security.
- Time management, scheduling, to-do lists, and more.
- Technology Breaks
- Organize – desk, workspace, tasks, projects, to-do lists, and more.
- Organize Sitting – standing desk, ergonomic chair, desk stretches to avoid neck, back, and other aches and pains and sitting disease.
- Meditation – 10 step plan to achieving calm in meditation within 4 weeks, including guided meditations to move the internal energy, breathing exercises, gratitude training, focus training, and more.
- Gratitude Techniques – the smaller the better. Including finding value in your work
- Nourishing creativity – Hobbies/Passion projects
- Appreciation of self – me time or finding yin energy
- Seek Growth – classes/seminars/programs – balancing a job you won’t leave with things that make you feel equivalently content.
- Finding appreciation of work – This is about finding appreciation in the job that you “can’t” leave since it pays your bills to live the life that you do. There are some or many benefits to this job, otherwise, you would leave.
- Getting out in nature
- Volunteer – could be with animals or those less fortunate
- Breathing techniques
- Health & Nutrition – including a full diet and meal plan, video recipes, what foods to eat and which to avoid. Herbs and essential oils that are helpful, and much more.
- Sleep Techniques
- Exercise Videos – that can be done at their desk or at home in under 15 minutes a day.
- Stretching program
- Physical Release – martial arts, surfing, yoga, or a sport
- Regulation & Elimination
- Breathing Techniques
- Boost brain foods & supplements
- Balancing Hormones
- Detox & Testing
- Getting gut bacteria in order
- Parasite testing
- Chi gong / Tai chi
- Understanding Neutral thought
- Journaling – Writing out how you feel. This is proven to provide a release of emotions.
- Get in touch with your self-guided side – detach from thinking of others and what is weighing you down.
- Proper Communication – Learn to express yourself to get what you want while offering others what they want
- Brain & Efficiency Hacks
- Crossing Established Boundaries
- Taking on more work or responsibilities
- Excessive time on Social media
- Alcohol, drugs prescription and otherwise, cigarettes, and other stimulants
- Coffee and how to regulate it to avoid adrenal fatigue, poor sleep, and other issues.
- Sugary & inflammatory foods
- Negative relationships – Identify and eliminate
- Knowing your limits for prevention – overstress, exhaustion, mental anguish, or the physical signs (back pain, neck pain, cramps)
This is a 6-Week Seminar with Lessons happening 5 days a week in under 20 minutes a day. Sign up and lets get started taking back control of your life & your health.
- Most full-time employees have it – https://www.gallup.com/workplace/312683/lead-remote-team-away-burnout-not-toward.aspx
- Amygdala Source – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZGxYBsUXgU
- Burnout and PTSD – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFkI69zJzLI
- Source – https://www.helpguide.org/articles/stress/burnout-prevention-and-recovery.htm
- US employee engagement – https://news.gallup.com/poll/180404/gallup-daily-employee-engagement.aspx
- Global engagement – https://www.gallup.com/workplace/238079/state-global-workplace-2017.aspx
- Source how it cost businesses – Gallup
- Harvard – 96% of leaders have it Source – https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323687604578469124008524696?mod=WSJ_mgmt_LeadStoryCollection
- jobs burnout – https://www.ivyexec.com/career-advice/2019/the-industries-where-people-experience-burnout-the-fastest/