Effective: September 2018
To make it easier, we refer to these different web properties individually and collectively as the “Site”. We have organized these Terms so that the paragraphs apply to all Sites appear in the main section.
Acceptance of the Terms
Please read these terms before using the site. By accessing, using or downloading any material from this site, you agree to and are bound by these terms. We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time, without any prior notice to you or any Site visitor. Any updates to the Terms will apply to you prospectively, so you should check back each time you return to the Site for any updates.
Medical and Therapeutic Disclaimer
We provide Materials on the Site for general informational purposes only, and these are not intended or implied to serve as medical or therapeutic advice, diagnosis or treatment. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health issues, illnesses or diseases. The Site is not providing any medical or therapeutic advice. If you have or suspect you have a health or medical problem, you should consult with your doctor or therapist.
Bill Farr and the affiliates of this site and businesses neither endorse nor are responsible for the accuracy and reliability of any products, services, events, opinions, advice, or statements made on the Site.
Note: If you are taking medication check with your doctor before making any changes or taking any herbs, essential oils, or supplements. None of this is medical advice just a non-professional opinion as Bill Farr or anyone else on this site unless notes is not a certified health care or medical professional. Information from this workbook, including videos, graphics, images, and pages (“content”) is entirely for informational purposes only. Uses of this information are entirely the responsibility of those who choose to apply this information for their personal health and/or wellbeing. Bill Farr is not a medical professional, nor is he a health professional, nor are any of those offering information on this site unless otherwise noted. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. This information is not intended as medical advice, prescription, prognosis, treatment or diagnosis for any disease or illness, and should not be used as a replacement for any medical treatment you may currently be undergoing. These wellness plans and seminars are meant to be used in conjunction with standard allopathic or osteopathic medical treatment and care.
The information provided is solely the opinion of the individuals present in videos and writing this blog. The authors are not engaged to render any type of psychological, medical, legal, or any other kind of professional advice. All recommendations are made without guarantee on the part of the author, the author is not liable for any physical, psychological, emotional, financial, or commercial damages, including, but not limited to, special, incidental, consequential or other damages. No assurance can be given that the advice contained in this site will always include the most recent findings or developments with respect to the particular material. If you are in the United States and think you are having a medical or health emergency, call your health care professional, or 911, immediately. Application of the information provided without the supervision of a licensed medical doctor is done so at the individual’s own risk.
The statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration). The products or links on this blog or site website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The testimonials on this website are individual cases and do not guarantee that you will get the same results.
Meditation is generally considered a safe activity, especially at the beginning levels. At these levels, it is mainly a practice in deep stillness, breathing, and presence. However, advanced levels of meditation can require a willingness to use your powers of concentration in order to engage in self-study and examination. If you feel you might be uncomfortable engaging in this kind of self-examination, then we ask that you do not proceed beyond the beginning level until you feel secure and comfortable with proceeding further.
The hypnosis/meditation recordings are not recommended for people suffering from mental disorders or illness. Always make sure to listen to hypnosis or meditation products in an environment that is safe. Do not listen to these recordings while driving a car or operating any kind of machinery. Also, do not listen to these recordings when drinking alcohol or taking drugs.
We can accept no responsibility for any adverse effects, direct or indirect, that may result from your use of the information on this website and guided meditations or in any of our communications. Furthermore, we make no guarantees that any of the information or practices on this website and guided meditations will function in any particular way for you. By using this website and guided meditations, you agree that you use the information contained herein entirely at your own discretion.
Do not use meditation to replace conventional care, or any form of therapy, or as a reason to postpone seeing a health care provider about a medical problem. There have been rare reports that meditation could cause or worsen symptoms in people with certain psychiatric problems like anxiety and depression. People with existing mental health conditions should speak with their health care providers before starting a meditative practice.
User Registration and Account Protection
While you can browse the Site without creating an account, certain services may only be used if you have created an account profile. In creating an account, you must provide us with accurate and complete registration information, as prompted in the registration form. You must promptly notify us if any of this information changes. If you fail to provide or update this information, we may terminate your right to use the Site.
As part of the registration process and setting up an account, you will provide an email address and password to access the Site. You are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your username and password. You must notify us immediately if you believe an unauthorized person has obtained your password or accessed your account. We will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge or permission. However, you may be held liable for any losses we or another related party incur due to someone else using your account.
Sharing Your Content on the Site
We are pleased to enable you and others to share comments and other information with the Bill Farr or the art of unity community. In doing so, however, you are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account (collectively, “User Content”). By posting User Content, you:
– Promise that you have the right to allow such User Content to be posted;
– Grant us a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, right to use and share User Content in any manner and for any purpose in any and all formats and technologies;
– Agree that User Content is subject to being changed, rejected, or deleted at any time without notice or explanation to you;
– Agree that we are free to use any information contained in User Content you send to the Site or to us, without compensation of any kind; and
– Irrevocably waive any claims based on moral rights, if any. User Content will be treated as non-confidential and will not be returned to you.
– You also agree that we have no obligation to examine or enforce any intellectual property rights in or to your User Content
You must be 18 years or older to use the Site. In using the Site, you agree to (a) keep intact all trademark, copyright, and other proprietary notices; (b) not use the Materials in a manner that suggests an association with any of our products, services or brands; and (c) make no modifications to the Materials.:
You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes. Unacceptable uses of the Site include without limitation: (i) engaging in any illegal activity or the planning of any illegal activity; (ii) disseminating or transmitting statements or material that, to a reasonable person, may be abusive, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, harassing, grossly offensive, vulgar, threatening or malicious; (iii) creating, disseminating or transmitting files, graphics, software or other material that actually or potentially infringes the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person; (iv) creating a false identity or otherwise attempting to mislead any person as to the identity or origin of any communication; (v) exporting, re-exporting or permitting the downloading of any message, software or content in violation of any export or import law, regulation or restriction of the United States and its agencies or authorities, or without all required approvals, licenses or exemptions; (vi) interfering, disrupting or attempting to gain unauthorized access to other accounts on the Site or any other computer network; (vii) disseminating or transmitting viruses, spyware, adware, or any other malicious or invasive code or program; or (viii) engaging in any other activity we deem to be inconsistent with the spirit or intent of this Site.
© All materials produced, presented or published by Bill Farr, the art of unity, are Copyrighted and all rights are reserved. All information presented is considered intellectual property are protected by US and International Copyright Laws, and may not be copied, published, translated, posted online, taught or otherwise distributed by any means without explicit permission. Any transcriptions or re-recording of this information is limited to the personal use of the individual purchasing the program. By purchasing any product, event or program, you agree to these Copyright laws. It is prohibited to upload any of our Materials to any third party website or platform including social network platforms. Likewise, you may not make our Materials available to anyone else via peer-to-peer sharing technology. Criminal copyright infringement, including without monetary gain, is invested by the FBI and punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
Intellectual Property Rights
Site Materials and Non-Commercial Use
We grant you a license to view and use the Materials subject to these Terms. Unless otherwise specified, the Materials on this Site are for your individual personal and non-commercial use. You may not sell or modify the Materials or reproduce, transfer, upload, post, display publicly, or otherwise use the Materials in any way other than as permitted by US copyright law or these Terms. Permission to reprint or electronically reproduce any document or graphic, in whole or in part, for any other purpose is expressly prohibited without prior written consent from Bill Farr. So, for example, you are prohibited from uploading any of our Materials to any third party website or platform including social network platforms such as YouTube or Facebook, or to text platforms such as scribd. Likewise, you may not make our Materials available to anyone else via peer-to-peer sharing technology even if the Materials remain on your computer or device.
We or our affiliates own, control or license the Materials available on the Site, and the Materials on the Site are protected from unauthorized use, copying and dissemination by US and international intellectual property laws Any commercial or promotional distribution, publishing or exploitation of the Site, or any content, code, data or materials on the Site is strictly prohibited unless we have provided you with our prior written permission.
You may create a plain text hyperlink to the pages of our Site provided that neither you nor the link portrays us or any of our products and services in a false or disparaging manner or suggests sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement by or with us. We may revoke this permission at any time for any reason upon notice to you. You may not “frame,” inline link, or similarly display any of our content or property, including, without limitation, the Site. You may not use any of our trademarks as part of the link without our express written permission.
DMCA Copyright Policy and Copyright Agent:
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect our users to do the same. We may remove User Content that in our sole discretion appears to infringe the copyrights of others. In addition, in our sole and absolute discretion, may terminate the accounts of users who infringe the copyrights of others. If you believe that a user of the Site has infringed your copyrights, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You agree to comply with, and consent to, the terms of our Privacy Notice, which is incorporated by reference into these Terms and found below.
- Third-Party Websites
This Site may link you to sites on the Internet. Any links on this Site to non-Bill Farr pages have been provided as a convenience, but we do not control or endorse these linked websites, nor review or approve the content that appears on the linked websites. You acknowledge and agree that we will not be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of any of the links, content, goods, or services available on or through the linked websites.
This website contains affiliate links, which means this site may receive a small percentage of the product or services purchased using the links. You pay the same price for all products and services with or without the affiliate code as there is no extra charge or extra cost to the consumer. This in no way influences the mention of the product or service offered. If you choose you can type the same product into your web browser and find that product without this affiliate code.
Disclaimer of Warranties
WE PROVIDE THE SITE ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW. WE, AND OUR CORPORATE PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AND AFFILIATES, AND EACH OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, ATTORNEYS, VENDORS, AND CONTRACTORS (known as “Bill Farr” parties) DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT OR ENDORSE, EXPRESSLY OR IMPLICITLY, THAT THE SITE OR ITS USE: (I) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, (II) WILL BE FREE OF DEFECTS, INACCURACIES OR ERRORS, (III) WILL OPERATE IN THE CONFIGURATION OR WITH OTHER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE YOU USE, (IV) THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, (V) THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SITE AVAILABLE WILL BE FREE FROM ANY HARMFUL COMPONENTS, SUCH AS VIRUSES OR OTHER MALWARE, OR (VI) THAT THE INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, CORRECT, ADEQUATE, USEFUL, TIMELY, RELIABLE OR OTHERWISE. THE BILL FARR PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE MADE EXPRESSLY IN THESE TERMS, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY.
- Disclaimer of Liability
Under no circumstances will the Bill Farr Parties be liable to you or to any third party for any consequential, incidental, indirect, punitive or special damages (including damages relating to lost profits, lost data or loss of goodwill) for any loss or damages of any kind that are directly or indirectly related to the Site, its performance, the Materials, User Content; any errors or omission in the Site; any damage to any user’s computer, hardware, software, wireless devices, or technology, even if foreseeable or even if the Bill Farr Parties have been advised of or should have known of the possibility of such damages, whether in an action of contract, negligence, strict liability or tort. In no event will any site or the Bill Farr Parties be liable to you or anyone else for loss, damage, or injury. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply. In no event will the Bill Farr Parties’ total liability to you for all damages, loss, or causes of action, if any, exceed ten United States dollars.
- Governing Law
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles and specifically will not be governed by the United Nations Convention on contracts for the international sale of goods. You agree that jurisdiction and venue in any legal proceeding directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to the sites, will be in Los Angeles, California, and you hereby consent and submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue in Los Angeles, California.
- Contact Us
Return Policy and Purchase Terms:
BOOK OR PRODUCT PURCHASES
US Domestic Orders
US Domestic Orders that are Available/In Stock will typically leave the warehouse in 1 to 5 business days.
Expedited orders (Overnight, 2-Day Air) must be placed before 11am EST to ship the next business day. Bill Farr Carriers include FedEx and the United States Postal Service. Note: FedEx does not ship to PO Boxes.
Our Free Shipping promotional offers are only applicable to domestic US orders shipped via United States Postal Service Priority Ground.
Please note Saturday, Sunday, and national holidays are not considered business days.
Orders shipping internationally are typically processed and shipped within 1-5 business days. Please expect delivery within 7-14 business days from the ship date. Please note: All international orders are subject to applicable duties and taxes to be paid by the customer at the time of delivery. All unpaid duties and taxes will automatically be charged to the customer’s credit card. Please note Saturday, Sunday and national holidays are not considered business days.
All sales for physical shipped products on theartofunity.com or other Bill Farr sites are final. No returns or exchanges will be accepted.
If you believe you have received a damaged or defective product, please reach out to our customer service team at email@example.com . Damaged or defective items will be refunded the full purchase price if requested within 30 days of order placement.
Digital Product Support
Bill Farr guarantees all digital products for a period of 2 years. In the unlikely case a digital product is no longer supported before that time, a replacement will be provided. After the 2-year guarantee period, Bill Farr will offer to replace the product with the nearest comparable currently supported digital product.
We have a 21-day Satisfaction Guarantee on the online seminars entitled, “The instruction manual for the human body”; “The change your life seminar”; “The efficiency peak 2.0 performance seminar”, sold at theartofunity.com or billfarr.com We are committed to offering our loyal customers the highest level of personal fulfillment on all of our seminars online. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with your purchase, you may return the products within 21 days of purchase to receive a refund or exchange. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a refund or exchange request.
Refunds will be honored based upon total tuition paid at time of request less any applicable fees.
– There will be no refunds offered on or after the 22nd day from the user’s start date or the day the payment and username and password is approved.
– Once a cancellation occurs, access to the course will no longer be available to the enrollee.
– There will be a $250 (USD) charge for all returns based on having access to meditations, chi gong videos, live classes, and other intangible offerings provided as part of the course.
The return policy for the “Clean body & Weight loss seminar” is based on the user not losing weight from the time he or she started the program to the time he or she completed all of the “sessions” in a timely matter of six weeks, and have done the work suggested. That includes diet, exercise, supplements, testing, on a daily basis from the time of purchase to the time of request of refund. The return policy for this seminar is only valid for 42 days (6 weeks) from the day of purchase. The return policy is not valid for those who only purchase the first session, it is only valid after the purchase of the entire 6 session program.
In order to get a refund for the “clean body & weight loss seminar” due to the inability to lose weight based on the suggested actions. It is required for the user to send:
Your before picture with the date on or close to purchase date. Your previous weight, waist size, body mass index (BMI) and your current weight, waist size, and body mass index. Send photos of foods in your cabinet and refrigerator that are on the replacement list. Send your “Expanded GI panel” test results. A journal of what you were eating in a day previous to the seminar or that you filled out upon starting it, and a journal of what you are currently eating after the seminar. Send receipts for your purchase of “my colon cleanse” and photos of the bottles empty. Send receipts for “masszymes” and photos of the bottles empty. Send receipts for supplements: Choline, GLA, omega3 fish oil, and sunflower lecithin. Send a receipt and result of your hormone test and receipts for the products suggested by unikey or an endocrinologist. Send current “after” photo with a photo of another iPhone or Android in your hand showing today’s date or newspaper with today’s date. All Seminar questionnaires must be filled out from “before” date or close to, or within one week of purchase of the seminar. Also, include a detailed explanation of the work you did in an effort to lose the weight and why you think you were unsuccessful based on how the program was incomplete. Without all these steps taken (and others in the seminar), you did not follow the instructions mapped out in the seminar and if you didn’t lose weight, that is not any fault to the seminar to warrant a refund. There will be a $50 (USD) charge for any returns of the “clean body & weight loss seminar” based on having access to the information in the course including password-protected videos and audio files and other intangible offerings provided as part of the course.
We respect your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the personal information we collect about you, why we collect it, and how we use it. We primarily collect user information in an effort to improve your experience and communicate with you about our products and services. This Privacy Notice describes the choices you can make about how we collect and use your information. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. This Notice does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to people whom we do not employ or manage.
With respect to the collection of your information, if you do not want your personal information collected, please do not submit it to us. If you have already submitted information and would like to review, correct, or remove it from our records, please log in to your account or contact us via email@example.com
By visiting and using the Site, you are deemed to have agreed to the provisions of this Privacy Notice, unless you are in the EEA or Switzerland in which case you are acknowledging that you have been provided this Privacy Notice.
- What kind of information do we collect?
- We collect different personal information from you depending on how you want to engage with us. We also automatically collect non-identifiable data through the Site (such as IP addresses, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our website, and dates and times of website visits).
- We are committed to ensuring our Users’ privacy and peace of mind. Your personal information (“Personal Information”) is gathered only when you choose to share it. For purposes of the Privacy Notice, ‘personal information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. We divide all of this into direct and indirect personal information, as you will see below.
- Direct Personal Information.
- We gather your Personal Information when you purchase products or services or register to attend and event by providing us with information such as (by way of an example) your name, email, address, and payment information. Additionally, we gather your Personal Information when you sign up for a newsletter and/or promotional e-mails, or when you place a request for customer service by using the “Contact” feature contained within the Site. In both of these examples, we require the collected information in order to fulfill your request for products or information. To the extent that we use this information beyond the immediate fulfillment of your request, we retain it so that we may contact you about new products, sales, and other promotional messages we think will interest you. Finally, your Personal Information is gathered by us when clicking any one (1) or more on sponsored advertisements that we may now or hereafter provide for our Users to view while on the Site. Additionally, you can always choose to opt-out of receiving promotional e-mail and electronic newsletter communications that we may send to visitors and customers from time to time (see the Section on Email Choice/Opt-out for more information).
- You may log in to your account through your Facebook or Google+ credentials if you like. Some of our Sites, provide the “Connect with Facebook” links. By logging in this way, the other account you use (Facebook or Google, for example) will provide to us only the personal information from that account that you have authorized, such as your Facebook profile information. You can control what information you share with us through your privacy selections in that other account. We will use such information as explained in this Notice.
- Technology and Indirect Personal Information.
- Our partners (e.g. marketing partners) use a variety of technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts, to track Site performance, to make your visit better, and for aggregate Site analytics. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies from our service providers or partners on an individual as well as aggregated basis. For example, the Site uses Google Analytics to measure web page views, performance, and such. To learn about how Google Analytics uses your information, visit the site “How Google uses Data when you use our partner’s sites or apps.”
- Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. Our Site does not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that we may collect information about your online activity both while you are using the Site and after you leave our properties.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site, we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
Third-party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimizations our users appreciate the most.
As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.
For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
We use adverts to offset the costs of running this site and provide funding for further development. The behavioral advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.
In some cases, we may provide you with custom content based on what you tell us about yourself either directly or indirectly by linking a social media account. These types of cookies simply allow us to provide you with content that we feel may be of interest to you.
Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
- How do we use your information?
- We will use your email and postal address to send you information about events and products, and our affiliates’ products, services, and to help us learn more about your user preferences. If you participate in a contest or promotion (online or over the phone), we may use your Personal Information to send you emails, postal mail, or telephone (including text messages) regarding our services, contests, and promotions. From time to time, we may use this information to contact you via email, postal mail, or telephone to learn more about your user preferences. You always have the choice to unsubscribe and not to receive marketing information or calls.
- In addition, we may use information about you and your interests from us and our affiliates to help us improve our site design and your online experiences. We may contact you, subject to the choices you have made, via email, postal mail, or telephone, to conduct market research and learn more about how we can improve our service offerings.
- From time-to-time, this site or any advertisers that we may now or hereafter partner with may sponsor a promotion, sweepstakes or contest on the Site. To participate in such promotions, sweepstakes or contests, users may be asked to provide Personal Information including their name, email address, phone number or home address, or to answer personal questions for marketing purposes. Unless otherwise specified herein, we will not independently transfer Personal Information to its partners for their own marketing purposes. Your decision to participate in a sponsored promotion, sweepstakes or contest is entirely voluntary, and any information you provide by participating, including Personal Information, is entirely at your own risk and discretion.
- Our Blog. Our Site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal data from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. Because the Site provides users with the ability to communicate with other users and publish public commentary by posting content under the “Comments” section for each of our products, it is strongly recommended that you carefully monitor the information which you choose to share when posting content under the “Comments” section for any given product. We do not regularly monitor such information under the “Comments” section and is under no obligation to do so. Any Personal Information that you post in any “Comments” section may become a permanent part of the public domain and have unintended consequences. You are advised to use caution when posting anything other than Product-related comments under any “Comments” section.
- Testimonials. We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com
- Referrals. If you choose to use our “Refer a Friend” service to tell a friend about our Site, we will ask you for your friend’s information such as name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
- Do we share your information with third parties?
1 Except in the limited circumstances set forth below, we will not sell, share or disclose Personal Information it collects to third parties without your prior consent.
- Service Providers.
- We may in connection with the Site use the services of third parties (i.e., technology consultants and CRM vendors), who may, in the course of providing services to us, be given access to the information you have provided to us. Each of these service providers is contractually obligated to provide services to us in a manner consistent with this Notice.
- Our employees, agents, and contractors must have a business reason to obtain access to your Personal Information. We may share your Personal Information with those who help us manage or provide the Services (e.g., message board administration, statistical analyses, data processing, and order fulfillment), or with outside contractors, agents or sponsors who help us with the administration, judging and prize fulfillment aspects of contests and promotions.
- These outside contractors or agents may temporarily store some information on their servers, but they may only use your Personal Information to provide us with a specific service and not for any other purpose. We may also provide your Personal Information to a third party in those instances where you have chosen to receive certain information and have been notified that the fulfillment of such a request requires the sharing of your Personal Information. We also may share your Personal Information with companies that are affiliated with us if we have a business reason to do so.
- Order Fulfillment. Once you purchase a product or service or registered for an event from us while on the Site, we may share with a third party the information that is necessary to fulfill the order for that purchase or registration. For example, if you make a purchase on the Site using your credit card (e.g. MasterCard®, Visa®, American Express®, or Discover®), your credit card number may be securely passed (via encryption) on to our credit card processing agent and/or the card’s issuing institution (including their fraud verification and detection service providers). Likewise, the sales transaction information associated with your purchase, such as your shipping and/or billing address, email address, telephone number, and purchase description, may be shared in the future, as we expand our payment method offerings, with an online payment service provider if you have elected for us to retain any of this information within your account profile.
- Brand and Licensing Partners. Our brand partners are not permitted to market to the individuals whose information the partner has received only from us. The brand partners primarily use the Personal Information for scrubbing purposes, to ensure the accuracy of their own databases, and to confirm whether an individual directed to the jointly branded offering indeed purchased the offering. If the brand partner wishes to message those people who have purchased a jointly branded offering, we send the message on their behalf and the message recipients then have an opportunity to opt-in to the brand partner’s separate program on the brand partner’s site.
6. Social Media. Our Site may include social media features, such as the Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter buttons. These features may also collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. These features may also give you the option to post information about your activities on our Site to your profile page to share with others within your social network. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing them.
- Legal Compliance. We may disclose visitors’ Personal Information when such disclosure is:
- Necessary to conform to legal requirements or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other legal process received by us, whether or not a response is required by applicable law;
- necessary to enforce or apply our Terms and other related agreements; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bill Farr, our employees, our visitors or other members of the general public.
Disclosures made under this Section 3 may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations, or governmental agencies. However, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing Personal Information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- California Privacy Rights. Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the address below.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or buy companies, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, visitor information, including Personal Information, is generally considered an asset but remains subject to the terms and conditions of the Privacy Notice. In addition, we may transfer your personal data to a successor entity upon a merger, consolidation or other corporate reorganization in which we participate or to a purchaser of all or substantially all of Bill Farr’s assets to which this Site relates. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal data, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal data.
- How do I access my information? How do I change or delete my information?
- You may manage your information and email subscription preferences at any time by visiting your dashboard and updating your email preferences. Your requested changes will take effect immediately.
- Here you have choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for promotional marketing purposes. If now or in the future you receive promotional or electronic newsletter communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving such communications from us, and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by clicking the “Unsubscribe” hyperlink at the bottom of all such communications. Notwithstanding your indicated email marketing preferences, we may send you administrative emails including, for example, order confirmations and notices of updates to our Privacy Notice or the Terms if we choose to provide such notices to you in this manner.
- What about links to other websites and services?
- Our Site may contain links to other Sites, including to our marketing partners. We do not control the privacy promises or practices of these websites. You should review those policies before providing any Personal Information. We are not responsible for the content or practices of any linked websites, and we provide these links solely for the convenience and information of our visitors.
- Visiting our Site from outside the United States
We store and process all Personal Information within the US.
We store and process all Personal Information within the US.
If you are visiting our Site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information will typically be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Please be assured that we seek to take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Privacy Notice.
Furthermore, with respect to any Personal Information originating outside the U.S., we will retain such information until we determine that you are no longer active within our system.
- Visiting our Site from the European Economic Area (EEA)
- The Legal Basis for Using European Personal Information
- When we collect information about you through our Site the legal basis on which we process your Personal Information is fulfillment of an agreement between us, namely, to provide you with the products and services or Newsletters and other information marketing our products in response to your request.
- When we collect information about you through our Site, the legal basis on which we process your Personal Information is the performance of our agreement with you to purchase or review products. When we use your Personal Information outside of what is strictly necessary for that transaction, we are doing so toward our legitimate interest of informing you of related products and promotions.
- To the extent that we transfer Personal Information from the EEA to a jurisdiction outside the EEA that has not been adduced by the European Commission as providing adequate data protections (such as the US), the basis for such transfer is the necessity of providing you with information, products, or services you have requested.
Rights for EEA Residents
In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to:
– Find out if we use your Personal Information, to access your Personal Information, and receive copies of your Personal Information.
– Withdraw any express consent that you have provided to the processing of your Personal Information at any time without penalty.
– Access your Personal Information and have it corrected or amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
– Obtain a transferable copy of some of your Personal Information which can be transferred to another provider when the Personal Information was processed based on your consent.
– If you believe your Personal Information is inaccurate, no longer necessary for our business purposes, or if you object to our processing of your Personal Information, you also have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your data pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim.
– Request your Personal Information be deleted or restricted under certain circumstances. For example, if we are using your Personal Information on the basis of your consent and has no other legal basis to use such, you may request your Personal Information be deleted when you withdraw your consent.
– If you wish to exercise any of these rights or raise a complaint on how we have handled your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Changes in Our Privacy Notice.
From time-to-time we may modify, change, update, add to, remove portions of or otherwise alter this Privacy Notice. If we make changes, we will post them on our Site to make Users aware of what the changes are so Users will always be aware of what information we collect, how we collect and use that information, and when we may disclose such information. If you object to any such changes, you must immediately cease using the Site. A visitor is bound by any changes to this Privacy Notice when visiting the Site after those changes have been posted.
- Contact, Questions, or Feedback
When we receive formal written complaints, it is our policy to contact the person regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between us and an individual.
If you have any questions about our Privacy Notice, you can always contact us at email@example.com