Mental & Physical Wellbeing & Anti-Burnout for Officers
Certified Standards and Training for Corrections (STC-BSCC) Cert # 05751983, 02165424, 00775027
There are a number of things that can cause burnout, exhaustion, anxiety, depression, trauma & chronic stress working in Law Enforcement.
And there are a number of solutions.
(Due to violent content, this 4-minute video explaining the solutions below must be watched on youtube here – https://youtu.be/3X3HL1_IZp0 )
Everything Every Officer Needs to Know to Avoid Burnout & The Risk Factors On & Off The Job
In This Free Webinar, I go over all the risk factors & solutions for officers with a Mind, Body & Energetic Approach
Download the Free PDF for the Webinar Here
Stop The Cycle of Burnout & Other Risk Factors on & off The Job
- What do officers who are not dealing with these issues do differently?
- What are the long-term effects on the brain, nervous system, and hormones of officers?
- Why do so many officers die soon after retirement?
- Why do so many have marital problems?
- Why do officers withdraw and isolate themselves?
- Why have so many officers committed suicide?
- Why is the life expectancy of an officer 15 years less than normal people?
For Families of Officers
Right now things are worse than ever for law enforcement. That means children of officers are going to suffer more, they’re going to get neglected more due to stress and resentment building, in turn making unknowing children feel like they are not loved because mom or dad is trying to get over what’s happening to them at work.
It also means that spouses of cops are going to be neglected more than ever, and unfortunately abused. Ignoring this is just turning your back on them. Facing this requires some work, but the benefits far outweigh the effort.
- Feeling Overworked, fatigued, resentful
- Feeling undervalued and unappreciated
- In a state of physical, mental, & emotional exhaustion from demanding circumstances or situations.
Emergency workers and police officers are always in the top 5 careers most likely to become burnout in studies. Reports show that in functional MRI’s, doctors are now seeing observable changes in the amygdala growing larger from burnout.
Being alert in this way is the foundation of the mindset required for policing. The type of engagement required for hypervigilance creates a state of alertness that impacts the brain and central nervous system.
The problem is this required way of thinking for officers is the opposite of what’s required for a healthy body, mind, a good marriage, and good parenting.
Downward Biological Cycle – Off Work Attitude
This downward cycle is why, as an officer, it’s hard to make the simplest of decisions, after your shift, when your home, including what to do with yourself. This is why far too often default is the decision taken. That often means sitting on the sofa, turning on the TV, and doing “nothing.” This can cause vicious cycles leading to physiological harm and endless wasted time and regret.
If unchecked, the downward effects of hypervigilance will immediately cause:
- Weight gain
- Lack of sleep
- Low energy & personality
- Social isolation and lack of interest & socialization
- Sarcasm, bitterness, resentment, anger – feeling the need to fight or feeling the victim.
- That everything outside of work seems mundane and boring.
- Procrastination and difficulty in decision making not related to work.
- Noninvolvement in children’s needs and activities.
- Not doing the activities you used to love such as hunting, fishing, sports, woodworking, or other hobbies and interest.
Hormone Imbalance & Weight Gain
This stress also causes elevated adrenaline, insulin resistance causing at least 5 lbs a year of weight gain, and reduced motivation and drive when you need it. This is why you see officers gaining so much weight within just a few years after graduating from the academy.
Heart Disease, Diabetes, & Stroke
This is also is a precursor of heart disease, diabetes, and stroke combined with the stress of the job,
Herbs & Supplements to Boost Your Progress
These are used in this program for stress, weight loss, sleep, inflammation, calm & more. This is an all-natural Eastern Medicine (TCM) Preventative Approach to mental & physical health
Benefits of Meditation
Focus training improving ALL aspects of the job. Meditation also helps to turn off the fight-or-flight response and to bring the body back to pre-stress levels, & many other benefits for officers, which is why it is used by the military
6 Week Course (Under 30 Minutes a day from home)
It comes with a complete diet plan with video recipes, a weight loss & exercise seminar including over 100 exercise videos specific to what officers need, all of which you can do at home with no equipment other than exercise bands and what you have in your house in under 15 minutes
Prevention is the Key – It’s Predictable so It’s Preventable
Just like good policing, this is a preventative approach to safety, which is much easier than fixing a problem after it’s started.
An Officer’s Wellbeing Checklist
This provides organization in the mental and emotional health of officers as a whole in your department.
Better Officers / Better People / Better Community Relations
Risk Factors Covered (with solutions for all provided)
- Loss of the Executive Function of the brain
- The up and down cycle of Hypervigilance
- Hormone Imbalance – effecting physical & mental health
- Anxiety & Depression
- Lower Life Expectancy
- The damaging effect of Singular Identity
- Heart Disease, Diabetes, & Stroke
- Neck, Back, & Shoulder Pain & achy joints
- Trauma & Bottling it up
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Lack of Sleep
- Eating Quickly & Unhealthy
- Long Hours
- Low Energy
- Inability to Focus
- Shift Work – affecting hormones, digestion, sleep, mood, and more
- Cynicism & Negativity
- Withdrawal & Isolation
- Divorce/Unhappy Relationships
- Damaged Parent/Child Relationships
- Sitting Disease
- Weight Gain
- Regret & Wasted Time
- Other factors particular to the officer, the agency as a whole, and the environment including a lack of appreciation leading to resentment.
Solutions Covered For Officers & their Significant others & Adult Family Members
- Full Diet & Nutrition Program with simple video recipes
- Herbal Remedies
- Meditation Instruction & Guided Meditation
- Full Exercise Program with over 100 video exercise to do at home or gym
- Hormone Balancing
- Overcoming Trauma & PTSD
- Overcoming Reptilian Brain Dominance
- Overcoming Anxiety & Depression
- Anger Management
- Deep Breathing Training & Techniques
- Sleep Training & Off-Setting Shift Work
- Essential Oils
- How to Debrief & Decompression after work
- Time Management
- Goal & Priority Management
- Visualization Training
- Focus Training
- Mindfulness Training
- Gratitude Training
- Journaling & How to
- & More
How These Risk Factors Costs a Department/Community:
- Higher Incidents
- Law Suits
- Poor Police / Community Relations
- More Accidents
- Sick days
- Workers’ Comp
- Man Power – Loss of Officers to Retirement, termination, paid or unpaid leave
- Lowered Productivity
- Lowered Retention Rate
- Lowered Engagement
Avoid the Typical Officer Regrets
- Spend more time with your family
- Keep up with your health
- Do more of what you love to do.
The work we do together in this seminar allows you to do all these things and more.
One Time Sale
Meditation / Focus Training
Weight Loss Program
Herbs / Supplements
Trauma/PTSD Prevention & Training
Trackable Work & Progress
& Much More
Bill is a certified Master Herbalist, a Diet & Nutritional Advisor, a member of the International Alliance of Holistic Therapists, a best selling author, has taught in more than 20 countries, has worked with professional athletes, artists, consulted for large companies on avoiding burnout & lowering stress in the workplace, has been featured in Redbook, The Boston Globe, Expert Beacon, Fact-Based Health, and many more, with over 100 radio interviews. He has over 400,000 Social Media Followers & over 10 Million Video views.
- Divorce – https://www.policemag.com/374429/dealing-with-divorce-on-the-home-front
- https://stress.lovetoknow.com/work- related-stress/critical-incident-stress-debriefing-group-therapy
- Amygdala Source – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZGxYBsUXgU
- Burnout and PTSD – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFkI69zJzLI
- Source – https://www.helpguide.org/articles/stress/burnout-prevention-and-recovery.htm