Overcoming Burnout while Increasing Engagement in the Workplace
80% of employees experience burnout at some point. In this course, HR & managers will learn how to lead employees in a way that can avoid that and other risk factors while increasing engagement.
- START DATE
All done online from your computer
PRICE $19995.00BUY NOW
There are a number of things that can cause burnout, exhaustion, anxiety, depression, and chronic stress. Doing even just a few of the things in this program will guarantee you a much happier life, relationship, and work experience.
In This Free Webinar, I go over the causes & solutions to Burnout while increasing both engagement and more importantly “Emotional Engagement.”
Download the Free PDF Here
What is Burnout?
Recognized as a condition by the World Health Organization, burnout can be summed up as an overall feeling that the sacrifices you make are not worth the effort or the reward.
It happens when a person is
- Overworked, fatigued, resentful
- Feeling they have no social life
- Feeling that they live for their job
- Feeling untrusted, unseen, or unheard.
According to Gallup Poll, most full-time employees — nearly eight in 10 — experience burnout
It even shows up with observable changes in the brain in MRI’s.
Burnout Can Foresee The Future of The Company
Burnout translates to disengagement, missed deadlines, missed opportunities, lack of ideas for growth, lack of creativity and new products, poor customer service, safety issues, sick time, high turnover, lawsuits and litigation, and more.
Companies are losing employees including management that lowers production and profits while raising costs.
96% of Leaders are burnt out to some degree
Solutions Typically Used That do not work:
- Withdrawal – Mentally & Physically
- Stimulants – Coffee, Alcohol, and Drugs
- Leaving one company to go to another often leads to the same situation, as it often has to do with the habits of the individual.
How to know if your employees have burnout?
- They feel dread for their day and no passion in their life
- Easily frustrated or lack of patients
- Overwhelmed – Difficulty following through or finishing projects
- Often tired or unmotivated
- Move slower than usual
- They don’t socialize with coworkers or feel belonging
- They say things that they later regret
- Have trouble listening and paying attention
- Have trouble focusing & remembering things
- Often late and flustered
Not recognizing this, risks your happiness, your relationship, friends, family, and anything else that is important to you. It’s no different than any other addiction or potentially life-threatening illness.
How it Costs Businesses:
- Increased sick days for management and employees
- Lowered productivity
- Lowered employee retention rate
- Lowered employee engagement
- 96% of Leaders have it – According to a Harvard study
More in my burnout program for employees that may be worth mentioning to Human Resources to help improve conditions and make it a place employees will love to go to every day.
According to Gallup poll, those at risk are – 50% among medical residents and 85% among financial professionals, 75% of social workers, 51% of people in design jobs, other high rates are with teachers, attorneys, law enforcement, accountants, and retail.
Part I – Overcoming Burnout & Increasing Engagement
- How to Create Partnerships in goals with Employees
- Communication styles, exercises, & scripts
- Social support groups
- Time management – Evaluation of priorities, organization, and scheduling & Techniques t
- Perform a job analysis – analyze, eliminate or delegate unnecessary work
- Organize sitting – this is done with options for standing desk add ons, ergonomic desk chairs, desk stretches to avoid neck, back, and other aches and pains, and sitting disease.
- The 10,000 dollar a month raise – employees support and benefits that translates to this at minimal or no cost to employers.
Part II – “Emotional Engagement”
This moves a person to passion for what they do and is proven to produce four to six times more discretionary effort. Managers must understand individual core needs. That is an understanding of if someone is looking for belonging, significance, meaning, security, or freedom.
Emotional engagement causes
- Commitment versus Passion
- Loyalty versus Intensity
- Care versus Devotion
- & Effort versus Enthusiasm
That is the difference between how you engage when you know what is required of you versus how you engage at work when you have the feeling of what you are doing allows you to fit in, have meaning, stand for something, feel cared about and supported because your employer is invested in and supports you.
This is done with The 5 Driving Needs:
- Belonging: acceptance and inclusion, feeling a part of the tribe or an insider, intimacy from the group, and that your voice matters.
- Security: safety and protection, predictability and control, consistency and clarity, fair play, order, and structure.
- Freedom: autonomy and independence, decision-making latitude, variety in what you do, ability to take risks and make a difference, and prove yourself
- Significance: respect and value, affirmation and acknowledgment, progress and productivity, distinction, power, and status.
- Meaning: purpose and making a difference, contribution, understanding the why, creating positive change
Offering these will ensure your employees are never burnt out
Part III – Company Culture
- Building The Culture that Devines Engagement & Employee Support
Click Here to See The Anti-Burnout Seminar For individuals that comes with this at a group rate
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and to set up a call with Bill Farr
Bill is a best selling author, a certified Master Herbalist, a Diet & Nutritional Advisor, a member of the International Alliance of Holistic Therapists, has taught in more than 20 countries, has worked with professional athletes, artists, consulted for large companies on avoiding burnout & lowering stress in the workplace, has been featured in Redbook, The Boston Globe, Expert Beacon, Fact-Based Health, and many more, with over 100 radio interviews. He has over 400,000 Social Media Followers & over 10 Million Video views.
- Most full-time employees have it – https://www.gallup.com/workplace/312683/lead-remote-team-away-burnout-not-toward.aspx
- Amygdala Source – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZGxYBsUXgU
- Burnout and PTSD – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFkI69zJzLI
- Source – https://www.helpguide.org/articles/stress/burnout-prevention-and-recovery.htm
- US employee engagement – https://news.gallup.com/poll/180404/gallup-daily-employee-engagement.aspx
- Global engagement – https://www.gallup.com/workplace/238079/state-global-workplace-2017.aspx
- Source how it cost businesses – Gallup
- Harvard – 96% of leaders have it Source – https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323687604578469124008524696?mod=WSJ_mgmt_LeadStoryCollection
- jobs burnout – https://www.ivyexec.com/career-advice/2019/the-industries-where-people-experience-burnout-the-fastest/